Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Entry 38: Winter Holiday

During this two-week Christmas Break I, my mother and my grandmother flew across the Pacific Ocean to Seattle, Washington. Four days later my sister Rita also joined us. We spent most of the vacation there. Our hotel room is awesome! It has three double beds and a kitchen with almost all the kitchenware. It's so much better than five-star hotel rooms because it feels much more homey. It is located very close to the University of Washington. We often walked there after a meal.
We bought a CityPass and went to quite a few places. The Space Needle, of course, even though it was rather boring. The EMP museum, Rita and I had a lot of fun in it. There was the Nirvana exhibition and another one about horror movies. Neither I nor Rita listen to Nirvana or watch horror films but the latter was especially interesting. We hung out at Pike Market a few times and didn't buy anything except food. We visited the original Starbucks. At one point we came across the Gum Wall. It was such a surprise because both Mom and I have heard of it a long time ago and didn't know it was in Seattle. It was so gross. We also went to the Pacific Science Center and the Seattle Aquarium, sailed on the cruise, and visited the Zoo.
I did a little homework each day. Algebra and chemistry were a pain and Rita became my chemistry tutor. She brought the molecular model set and I got to play with it. I remember I made a benzene ring and was proud.
My computer had much trouble. The C folder was exploding and somehow it got infected with viruses. I had to do the recovery. Luckily my computer is back to normal now.
We came across a CD/DVD store that was closing and it was making a 20% sale. Rita and I bought a second-hand album by Robert Miles called Dreamland. It was still preeetty expensive according to our standard. After I returned to Taiwan Rita told me that she went to a smaller store and plowed the pile of CDs that worth 4 dollars per 6 CDs and brought back some treasures. Yeah, we have a fetish for those shiny discs.

That was a fun journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment