Monday, December 5, 2011

Entry 32: Far From Home


It must be awful to have been thrust into a dangerous foreign land. For those young American men it was indeed a traumatic experience. When you arrive in a place like that, the first few weeks would be just horrible. You don’t know anyone and the environment is so different that you have troubles all the time. Over time, though, one would get used to the customs and environment. The soldiers have no choice but to rely on each other. However in an environment like battlefields…I doubt anyone would get completely used to it, like falling asleep with guns firing around you. If you do, you could be killed. After years of war, people just go insane.
I hate to bring up my experience in PAS again, I really do. Why does every topic remind me of it? ...I guess it’s because I have lived just fifteen years and that’s the only major “life-turning” event ever happened to me. Anyways, it does have a large impact on me and I can still remember how awkward it was at first. Fortunately, my mother and my sister were both present during my hardest times. I feel like I couldn’t have made it without them. So I guess it’s not entirely just me, alone, fighting aimlessly in a shocking new world. I did have people to support me and guide me. From this point, I couldn’t help but feel even worse for the soldiers in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment