Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Entry 36: Fahrenheit 451

First of all, what is the name of this entry?
It seemed like I was the only one who actually enjoyed the movie (not including Ms. Ruperez). I think the story just takes some time to develop and unfortunately when it's just started to get interesting the class was over. I really want to watch the whole movie when we have time. (Or I can as well watch on my own) I thought the firefighter outfit was kind of funny but pretty awesome, haha. Before I checked the date of the film I guessed that it was made in the 70's. However it turned out to be 1966! Wow that movie is really old and is generally in really good qualities. Other classmates just don't know how to appreciate a more thoughtful, less action-packed movie that looks old. They couldn't stand the part where the main character starts awkwardly reading a book. To me that scene tells more than it shows. The character had obviously never read a book before, even though he is literate. The difficulty he was having while reading the book was remarkable; makes us instinctively think about the way we view books today. Our society is depended on books, on reading. We being students especially; textbooks contains most of the things we need to survive in a class. I've always enjoyed old movies. I find those that try to predict the future fascinating. I have been wanting to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey for a long time. Hopefully I'd be able to see it during the Christmas Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment