Friday, September 23, 2011

Entry 5: A Journey

I read the book "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende. The story is all about long and meaningful journeys, which take place in a fictional "real-life" and a world called "Fantastica" in a book in the story. There are two main characters, both of them experience physical and mental journey throughout the book. The "fictional" character, Atreyu, is asked to stop the "Nothing" that is slowly destroying Fantastica. The other main character, Bastian, who lives in the "real-life", is escaping from his troubles by reading a book called "The Neverending Story." And as the story goes Bastian becomes part of the book without realizing it.
As confusing as it sounds, Atreyu and Bastian travel in Fantastica and encounter numerous whimsical things and people (or creatures). They learn many things along the way. By the end of the book, both Atreyu and Bastian find what they want and grow to be more mature. But since it's "the neverending story," the story never ends. 

One of my own journeys, I think it's when I went to the US during the summer of 2010. I went to New York City and Madison, Wisconsin. In NYC, I've been to the museums and watched the Broadway musical "Lion King." I guess my mind just blew up when I saw the skyscrapers and the museums, and my heart exploded from the musical. It was amazing. In general, this trip to the US opened my mind and expanded my views.

No comments:

Post a Comment