Monday, October 3, 2011

Entry 6: New Place

The place that was once unfamiliar to me is the school dormitory. Last year when I moved into dorm I felt completely separated from the atmosphere. My room last year was just a place to put my stuff and sleep. I spent most of my time in study hall (auditorium) and cafeteria. I hardly knew anybody in the dorm, and I didn't care to look up their names. I seldom talked, and when people chat I sometimes listened. For the most part I live in my own world. I was not used to the unpleasant smell and dirty condition around the dorm either. The shower room smelled awful. The meals were tasteless but I didn't care.
This year, however, I became familiar with the dorm. This time I feel I'm actually part of the dorm. I checked people's names at the start of the year. I stay in my room more often and talk with my roommates. The bed looks more welcome and my desk more friendly. I hear people's voices and interact with them. Now every time I go to the toilet or shower I expect the same unpleasant smell. My eyes are used to seeing trash on the floor and cockroaches. The food still taste bad but now I would get tired of it from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment