Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Entry 52: Respond to Shakespeare

Dear William Shakespeare,
I cannot fully express my feelings without using capital letters. WHO ART THOU AND WHAT BE THIS I DOTH NOT EVEN. I don't even know you why are you writing this explicit sonnet to me? YOU CREEP. However I dare not deny your skills as a poet. I find the comparisons quite charming and the words clever. Yes I am tired of those cliche metaphors just as you are. I am truly flattered by your effort in writing the poem. My heart may be sighing inside, but my mind speaks more convincingly. You are too arrogant and famous, in other words - you are a jerk. Keep on dreaming that your poem will last forever, it's not, and one day I'm going to die as well as you. Please, I am not as good as you think. You are totally blinded by your temporary passion. Let me tell you, I snore and I like spiders. HOW ABOUT THAT? Don't I sound extremely attractive? I also have a habit of biting my nails. So, go and find some other person who is like that in your poem and forget me. Before that I am going to forget you first.
Sincerely,
Catrina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment