Thursday, March 15, 2012

Entry 56: Public Speaking

I rather like performing, I think. Although I'm not a very outgoing person, I feel good when I can speak out my point of views and ideas. The fear of standing before a crowd never fades away, even though I've had many experiences in which I perform on stages. It's also another thing when there's no one other than you on stage. Performing with a group of people always feel better than doing it alone. When I was in elementary I did a lot of dancing performances. I never dance solo so I would feel nervous but at least not that bad. Then after I came to PAS I learned about presentations. That was really the first time I need to make a PowerPoint and speak. I believe I have improved a lot, both my English and speaking skills, since that time. When I was 13 I started playing guitar. Besides playing to myself, learning guitar also meant that I would have chances to perform. I'm still not very comfortable playing in front of people, but I often think about singing in the talent show. Do we have a talent show this year? If yes...I don't know what I'm going to perform, gees. I think reciting a poem is easier than a speech, because you know exactly what you're going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment