Monday, March 12, 2012

Entry 54: Travel

I have traveled on airplanes since I was very young. I know the earliest memory of a trip out of Taiwan was the time I went to Singapore, but I can't be sure if it was really the first. I had no memory of the flight. I have to admit for my age, I have been to quite a few countries. When I was little I wasn't afraid of flying. It's like the more you know, the more you would be scared of. Flying was just the same as a car trip, but longer. I only remember the feeling of stuffiness and pressure when the plane took off. Except that, flying was rather comfortable for me. Now, I may be concerned, but I'm still not scared of flights. The things that worry me more might be the safety of my luggage because it gets missed, lost, or forgotten often. Before I get on the plane it almost occurs naturally that I start to predict what disasters might happen during the trip. However I know they are (usually) nonsense and I will probably forget about them in a few minutes. The boredom on airplanes is another problem. When you are taking a trip to the US for example, it's a 14 hour flight. What are you going to do in the middle of nowhere in the air? Fortunately planes have little TV sets now. But a movie is only 2-3 hours, the rest of the time is hard to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment