Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Entry 58: Free Write

Hum, so, today's topic is no topic. How wonderful.
For art class we were to come up with a topic and a thesis statement for an essay. I don't know what I'll write about...Mrs. Jones suggested me to think about something related to feminism, since last semester I did a PowerPoint presentation on Hannah Hoch. Feminism in art, I suppose there's a whole lot to write about. I've always been bothered by the fact that artists create artworks of female nudes so often. When I was young I have been told that it became a tradition because female bodies are the hardest to capture. Now that I think about it, isn't it just bullcrap? An awful excuse? I mean, look at all these nasty male artists early in history, why do you think they hire pretty, naked models and paint them? Okay, I might have taken this a bit too personal because I feel somewhat offended. But seriously, this tradition should already be gone now. It's obviously unfair to the women. It seems like we are all sluts in some of those paintings, especially when the painting has both men and women; the men all well-dressed while the women naked. I'm also one of those all-or-nothing type. If there were to be naked women, there should be naked men as well. If the men are dressed, then make the ladies wear something too!
Oh, it's 200 words already? Haha, I'm always loud when it comes to feminist/ inequality topics. I can go on forever. The thing is, I was intending to use this chance to think about my essay topic, but it ended up with me going about this feminist rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment