Thursday, March 22, 2012

Entry 59: Choices

I think that's true in some way. Our abilities are just what we can do; it's not something reflective of our personalities. Abilities show only the physical or mental aspect of us, while choices show our thoughts and psychological individuality. If you believe that our being is not the body we live in, then this idea is definitely logical.
In my short life so far, I have only made a few really hard choices. The times when I decided to enter a dance school, to dance only as a hobby, to start home-schooling, to come to PAS, to come back to PAS again after I went to ICA...and now the on-going decision of my future college major, these are the choices that have affected and will affect my life direction. Well, I was fairly small when I decided to go for a dance school. I had no idea what the school was like and if I had any talent. I just went for it. I don't really know what it shows. But then, after I spent some years learning those dances, I felt that dancing is not my thing. I knew then I wasn't talented enough to actually make something out of it. I gave up the idea of becoming a performer and just danced for fun. I think that shows I'm aware of my own self. In other words, I'm practical. Coming to PAS was another practical decision. After home-schooling for a while, I knew I wasn't exactly the kind of extremely self-motivated person and I actually thrive under some pressure. I chose to go to a school again, but not a local school because I had enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment