Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Entry 7: Taking Risks

For the people we care about, we would sacrifice our money, time, and sometimes our own happiness. When you care about a person, you wouldn't mind lending him/her your money when he/she needs it. You would also spend as much time as possible with that person.
I guess the people who sacrifice the most for me are my parents. My mother gave up her job when my sister and I were little to stay home and take care of us. If she had chosen to continue her career, she could have been in a higher position than today. But for us, we might not be as well educated and close to her. My father had always worked hard and he pays all of our expensive tuition. That is a lot of money. He has also done a lot for us, besides money.
I can't think of a time when I had to make sacrifices for other people. If I did, it was all trivial things. I think it's because there just happens to be no such chance, even if I'm willing to. But I suppose there will be chances in the future.
I don't know if this counts, but I often sacrifice my time and sleep to study. I study hard for myself, but also for my parents. If I get good grades, learn knowledge, and perhaps go to a good university, all the money my parents spent on my education wouldn't be wasted. I give up my pleasures, my time, and my sleep to make my parents proud, because I care about them.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Catrina:

    Your writing is really good, but please remember to meet the 200 word minimum.

    -M. McCool

    ReplyDelete