Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Entry 21: Bullies

Bullies want to make themselves feel better by degrading others. They are often very insecure unconsciously and or had been treated badly before. They like to have control over a thing or many things. A lot of times, in my opinion, it is also the natural tendency programmed in people's genes that makes a bully and a victim. A victim is usually weaker or someone who cannot stand up for themselves. They are insecure too, but they choose to deal with the problem silently, unlike bullies, who take it out on other people. That is why I say it's in the genes, because people are born with certain personalities.
I remember in elementary school I had almost become a bully. I joined a group of classmates who were dividing the class into two groups, and we look down at the other group. We made really mean remarks about the other group, calling them names and distaining them. I and a few others soon realized it was wrong and dropped out. The groups dissolved after a short while, fortunately. Other than that incident, I had never been a bully or a victim. Somehow I managed to stay out of those things. I have seen people getting bullied, though, as a bystander. There was a boy in this school that got bullied. All the other boys in the same class teased him endlessly, both verbally and physically. Due to my poor English back then, I didn't stand up for him. But once I drew a sketch of the boy and other boys while he got surrounded and teased.

No comments:

Post a Comment