Thursday, November 17, 2011

Entry 25: Heritage Revisited

My heritages that help me are my intelligence, my language, and my ideas about life. I have a rather capable brain...I'm not bragging, just saying I'm not stupid. With my intellect, I can do a lot of things. I can also do well in school. I'm glad that my native language is Chinese. It's a beautiful but super complicated language with all those different characters with multiple meanings. Even now I cannot write out a sentence in Chinese without using the dictionary (actually I used to be able to but I forgot after I came to PAS). I love my language, but sometimes it's such a pain in the neck. Okay...back to the point, of course knowing a language can help me in a lot of situations. I can read writings in Chinese, communicate using Chinese, be able to understand what a Chinese person says, and all that wonderful stuff I can do with Chinese. As for my ideas about life, they are like my philosophy and my values. I got them from my family, especially my mother. These values and ideas help me get through numerous hard times.
Some heritages that I think get in my way are my hand size, my height, and my allergies. I have small hands. My small hands sometimes make it impossible for me to press a certain chord on a guitar. I'm short. Although being short can be an advantage in other times it is still a disadvantage. But I'm not really bothered by that. The last thing is my allergies. They really annoy me during winter and spring, when I sneeze the most.
And the heritage that I'm most proud of...FOOD! Chinese food is the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment