Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Entry 27: Doing The Right Thing


I think there are more people who take principles as ornaments (I like this simile) than people that live strictly according to them. In my opinion, most people are more or less selfish, including myself. That's human nature. However, not all the people dare to break the rules. Some people, even if they really want to get something, they would think about ignoring the principles but end up not doing anything. Or some people might deceive themselves that they are doing the right thing, thus feeling better for not following the rules. I really don’t know the population of people either living according or not according to the principles in these places. Taiwanese people, maybe a bit not following the rules? Just look at people who speeds and not wearing helmets, haha. In my family, I believe we live relatively righteously. I think the life style we have is not very extravagant, therefore we don’t do things that would potentially break the rules. For myself, I’m somewhere in between. I would never ignore the principles if it involves serious crime or immorality. I could commit small crimes such as downloading stuff illegally. That I totally love doing because I don’t think it harms anyone, except maybe letting the company losing a bit of money but that’s all.

1 comment: