Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Entry 26: Conflict Avoidance

Most people would of course avoid conflict, because it means trouble. When you're in trouble, you need to work to overcome the trouble. That requires extra strength and energy; people are lazy and most of the time try to avoid conflicts. However, people also stay away from conflicts because sometimes if the conflict involves other people, the relationship between the two people might get worse. Conflict creates enemies, too. The reasons stated above are all good reasons to avoid conflict. Conflict could harm people's relationship with each other and even harm the person involved in the conflict, literally. If the conflict is the extreme external kind then maybe the person would get hurt. But there are times that conflicts actually help. A conflict can motivate a person to work harder. People sometimes purposely put themselves in conflicts; we call it to "challenge" one's self. For me, I would prefer avoiding conflicts when trouble is not necessary but constantly challenging myself. Like most people, I don't like things to get bad and tense, especially between people. Conflict can really affect your mood and your behaviors. If I have time and energy, I would like to challenge myself in subjects such as art. I really wish to experiment with different media and styles, and draw things that I don't normally draw. Even though I get frustrated when I cannot draw a thing, that is a part of learning and I would certainly welcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment