Monday, November 14, 2011

Entry 23: Influence of Childhood

Writers, or just everyone, when they are creating a piece of art, writing, or music, they always take ideas from what they have experienced. It's almost impossible to do without a source of ideas; it's how inspirations come about. I believe every person has his or her own experiences that are worth talking about. My own experiences that I could recall, are of course unique to myself. Still, what makes a writer or a musician different is their ability to turn unnoticed ideas into enjoyable writings. Not everybody is good at manipulating languages and words.
In the movie 3 Idiots, the educational system in India reminds me of Taiwan's. I still remembered the years I spent in local school. I hated the school, the teachers, the textbooks, everything. Compare to 3 Idiots, I have no idea how to turn my own experience into an interesting story.
Every time when a movie or story have the plot of a character training hard in dancing or martial arts, I can so relate to that. I love it when the character screams during a stretching exercise. (that may sound sadistic but I'm just simply relating to it) That was what my life was like when I was still dancing. There were hard times. Stretching was extremely painful. For once I actually burst into tears when the teacher pushed too hard. Well I don't know if other people would find my experiences interesting, but I've always wanted to write this particular experience during the time all the students slept in my teachers' house and  prepared for a performance. It meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment